Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sweet and Sour Meatballs - Amy Thielen

We are still cooking our way through Amy Thielen's wonderful cookbook over on Facebook.

I have missed the last two recipes.  Andrew has been having some difficulties - and my mind has been elsewhere.

We had a trip to Steamboat on Thanksgiving which caused me to miss Swedish Pancakes.

We got back and it was December already - had to get Christmas gifts ready and mailed, baking a little - that I didn't get to make the cake for my birthday!  I am planning on going back and catching up.

I did make the Sweet and Sour Meatballs a few months back and they were wonderful - crunchy and delicious with an Asian twist - I loved them.  The recipe is online here but do buy Amy's cookbook here you will not be disappointed.  By the way, this is not an affiliated link - I don't get a penny if you buy Amy's book.

Amy has been so generous and kind to me with her time.  She sent me autographed bookplates to have a giveaway of sorts and we did do that.  She also had her publisher send me a copy of the book to giveaway which we did.  She is the only author that took the time to do this.  I buy all the books we giveaway at Cookbook Junkies and I appreciate so much Amy's time even while filming a second season of her fabulous show Homeland Table on Food Network.  *I should note three other authors were very kind to send me bookplates when I requested them.

Amy has true Midwestern spirit - just like this Midwestern girl.

Happy New Year everyone!  We're heading back home to New York next week for some family time and our cousin's wedding.  New York bagels here I come.




Post a Comment